Privacy and Data Management Information on the data management associated with the production of ‘Virtuosos V4 + We play the same language’
If you are still under 18, please discuss this Policy with your parents, because we can accept your application only if both your parents have approved of your participation in the casting.
Additionally, as you are in the centre of the “Virtuosos V4+ We play the same language” programme, it is important that you are to some extent aware of the use of your data and the uploaded videos.
During the casting, we process these data to select the contestants, players who will have the chance to appear in the programme. Your personal data are also necessary for shooting the programme and the final broadcasting. This will include, among others, your voice, image, or the stories which you will tell about yourselves.
The contestants of the programme will be visible on the television channels of five countries, and, among others, your images or names might appear in the advertisements promoting the programme. The advertisements could appear on social networking sites or in newspapers.
Another important thing is that the “Virtuosos V4+ We play the same language” programme involves a lot of people. Many will be involved in the casting process, the shooting of the programme or its broadcasting. This Policy provides further information on them as well.
We will store personal data for 5 years to contact and inform you for similar future shows if you did not get in the show this year.
In our processing, we do our best to fulfil your requests. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us
- if you wished to know what kind of video you have uploaded or what answer you gave to a question,
- or if you wished to change an answer or upload a different video,
- or if you have changed your mind and wish to withdraw your application.
If you have any questions about the processing, please send an email to email@example.com.
The organisers and operators of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show are committed to the protection of personal data and attach great importance to full compliance with data protection requirements in their activities.
1. Casting-related data processing
1.1. Controllers and controlling recipients. Controllers during the casting-related data processing:
- Silicon Valley of Arts Ltd. (registered seat: 1025 Budapest, Csévi u. 11/A., email address: firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Virtuosos Holding Ltd. (registered seat: Po Box 648, Gateway House, Tollgate, Eastleigh, SO50 0ND, United Kingdom);
- Hungarian Branch Office of Virtuosos Holding Ltd (registered seat: 1025 Budapest, Cséviu. 11/a.)
these companies are hereinafter collectively referred to as Main Organisers.
In the casting-related processing, controllers are the contractors (individual entrepreneurs) who have the due skills to select musical talents and to identify those who best fit in the TV programme’s concept (the Main Organisers and contractors are hereinafter collectively referred to as Joint Controllers). The employees of Joint Controllers will be also involved in the decision on which applicants will be the contestants in the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show.
The Joint Controllers may rely on further contractors (processors) for production-related activities such as cutting and image editing. These partners can also access certain personal data in performing their contractual tasks. These processors may act only according to the instructions of the Joint Controllers and are subject to confidentiality obligation and may not use the personal data independently.
1.2. Scope of processed data. Processing involves the following personal data:
- name and age of the applicant,
- home address of the applicant,
- the applicant’s phone number and email address (if any),
- name, phone number of the custodian (parent or legal representative, if the applicant is under 18),
- video of the applicant’s musical production,
- information in the uploaded video, e.g. why is classical music important to the applicant, why he/she wishes to participate in the Virtuosos contest,
- the school the applicant goes to,
- for how many years has the applicant played music,
- what instrument(s) does the applicant play, or, if he/she is a singer, then what is his/her voice type,
- is/are there a musician/musicians in the applicant’s family,
- the hobby of the applicant,
- assessment of the applicant in the selection procedure.
1.3. Use of data from other sources The Main Organisers may use the contact details of data subjects who applied to previous shows, calls, or who contacted the Main Organisers in any other way to contact the applicant (his/her custodian).
1.4. Purpose of processing. The purpose of processing is contestant selection, open casting and television casting organisation and execution as well as contacting and liaising with the applicant (his/her custodian). The purpose of using data from other sources is to ask the applicant (his/her custodian) whether he/she (the child of the custodian) wished to apply to the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show.
1.5. Duration of data processing. The Main Organisers will store personal data for 5 years. The Main Organisers set the processing duration so that they can later contact the applicant (his/her custodian) whether he/she wished to apply to new productions if they are not selected for the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show, but the Main Organisers make a new one. The contractors, as processing recipients, have access to persona data only for the casting period.
1.6. Legal basis for the processing. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Main Organisers [Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR]. The Main Organisers’ legitimate interest is to ensure that those applicants get into the show who are the most talented and best fit into the concept of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show. It is the legitimate interest of the processors to ensure that all necessary data, information are necessary for making this decision. The Main Organisers’ legitimate interest is to stimulate the interest to apply to the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show of every person who have already been in contact with the controller/processor.
Clause 2 The “Virtuosos V4+ - We play the same language” is data processing that involves the recording of TV shows and televising
2.1. Controllers and processors. As regards the recording and televising of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” television show, the controllers are the Main Organisers according to Clause 1.1.
To produce the show, the Main Organisers involve other contractors which take part in the preparation, organisation, execution of the shooting, the editing of the recordings and in the decision-making process regarding which information, images or cutaways of the contestants get in the final show. These partners can also access certain personal data in performing their contractual tasks. These processors may act only according to the instructions of the Main Organisers and are subject to confidentiality obligation and may not use the personal data independently.
2.2. Controlling recipients. The “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” will be televised on various television channels:
- In Hungary, on the channel operated by the Media Service Support and Asset Management Fund;
- In the Czech Republic, on a channel contracted by the Main Organizers;
- In Poland, on a channel contracted by the Main Organizers;
- In Slovakia, on a channel contracted by the Main Organizers;
- In Croatia, on a channel contracted by the Main Organizers;
The above media service providers are independent copyright holders of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show and may keep and use the shows televised and stored by them, independently from the Main Organisers. In the related processing, the individual media service providers are regarded as individual processors.
2.3. Scope of processed data. Processing may involve the following personal data of the contestants, players selected for the show:
- photos, video and audio recordings of the contestant during the shooting of the show,
- statements of the contestant containing his/her personal data and made during the shooting of the show,
- assessment of the musical production of the contestant in the show,
- the name and age of the contestant,
- the school the contestant goes to,
- for how many years has the contestant played music,
- what instrument(s) does the contestant play, or, if he/she is a singer, then what is his/her voice type,
- is/are there a musician/musicians in the contestant’s family,
- the hobby of the contestant,
- for the sake of keeping contact, the contestant’s phone number, email address (if the contestant has this kind of contact detail), and the name, phone number of his/her custodian (if the contestant is under 18).
2.4. Purpose of processing. The Main Organisers use the personal data to organise the recording of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show, contact and liaise with the contestants (guardians), shoot, and make the final show.
The Main Organisers and the television channels may use the personal data of the contestants to promote and advertise the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show and its broadcastings. Advertisements could appear on internet sites, social networking sites, on the TV, in newspapers or as advertisements in public spaces.
2.5. Duration of data processing. Having regard to the fact that the material of the completed show is a work protected by copyright, and the length of the life of this work is not defined, the Main Organisers will store the show material during the existence of the company or its legal successor.
2.6. Legal basis for the processing. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Main Organisers [Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR]. The Main Organiser’s legal interest is to
- promote and advertise the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” programme and each show (semi-final, final, super-final, gala);
- ensure the transparency and fairness of the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” contest by informing the viewers about the selected talents who will contest and who will remain in contest;
- present the selected talents in the show to promote each artist and their performance and classical music in general;
- attract the interest of viewers in each contestant with the “Virtuosos V4+ – We play the same language” show so that viewers want to go to their live concerts.
4 Data security
The Main Organisers declare that they have made appropriate security measures to protect personal data from unauthorised access, modification, forwarding, disclosure, erasure or destruction, and accidental destruction and damage.
Clause 5 Rights and remedies of the data subjects
5.1. Right to request access. The data subject may request information about his/her personal data. In that case, the Main Organisers will inform the data subject in writing or in email about the scope of personal data processed by them, the purposes and duration of the processing, what rights the data subject has in relation to the processing, and about the data subject’s right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority. The data subject may request a copy of his/her personal data.
5.2. Right of rectification. The data subject may request that inaccurate personal data pertaining to him/her be modified. As for already televised recordings, the data subject can exercise this right with limitations only.
5.3. Right of erasure. The Main Organisers will erase personal data at the request of the data subject if the data subject withdraws his/her consent given while subscribing to the newsletter, the data subject objects against the processing and the Main Organisers sustain the objection, the data subject informs the Main Organisers that the supervisory authority or a court has found their processing unlawful.
If the Main Organisers have disclosed the personal data and sustain the objection of the data subject, then the Main Organisers will take all reasonable steps to inform the processors having received the personal data of the data subject of the obligation to erase.
As for already televised recordings, the data subject can exercise this right with limitations only.
5.4. Right to restriction. The data subject may request that processing be restricted if the data subject disputes the accuracy of personal data, the processing is unlawful, but the data subject objects to the erasure of personal data and requests that their use be restricted instead, the controller no longer needs the personal data, but the data subject requests the locking of data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, the data subject objects to the processing. In this case, the restriction pertains to the period the Main Organisers require to make a decision based on the data subject’s objection.
5.5. Right to object. The data subject is entitled to object to the processing of his/her personal data on the legal basis established after the consideration of interests [Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR]. In the case of objection, the Main Organisers will check if the Main Organisers are in the position to erase or end the disclosure of personal data due to the facts and arguments which the data subject refers to. As for already televised recordings, the data subject can exercise this right with limitations only.
5.6. Right to data portability. This right may be exercised only regarding the personal data processed on the basis of consent (newsletter subscription). The data subject is entitled to receiving the personal data processed according to this/her consent in a format suitable for reading with IT equipment, and he/she may also request that the Main Organisers forward them directly to another controller designated by the data subject.
5.7. Joint rules of the exercise of rights. Questions and requests of data subjects are received and answered by Silicon Valley of Arts Ltd. (email address: email@example.com, mailing address: 1025 Budapest, Csévi u. 11/A.) on behalf of the Main Organisers.
The Main Organisers fulfil the data subject’s request in a month, and this deadline may be extended with maximum two months.
If the request is denied, the Main Organisers will, within one month from the receipt of the request, inform the data subject of the reasons for denial and the fact that he/she may submit a complaint to the Authority and exercise his/her right to judicial remedy.
The Main Organisers reserve the right to request information necessary for confirming the identity of the data subject if they have founded doubt regarding the identity of the person submitting the request. This is the case if the data subject exercises his/her right to request a copy/copies, in which case the it is reasonable for the Main Organisers to make sure that the request comes from the authorised person.
5.8. Legal remedies. If, in the view of the data subject, the processing or the procedure of the Main Organisers does not meet the legal requirements, then he/she may request the procedure of the supervisory authority of his/her own country, more specifically, in Hungary, the National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (official website: www.naih.hu), or go to a court of the relevant country.